Igniting a Passion for Learning, Beginning with Preschool
Young children are famous for asking why. They have a need to know, to explore, to discover, to learn about the world around them. Grey Nun Academy knows that fostering the natural inquiring spirit of our youngest students, while encouraging their curiosity and insatiable need for answers is the key to igniting a passion for learning that will help them blossom into lifelong learners.
The youngest students at Grey Nun Academy – Pre-K3, Pre-K4 and Kindergarten – embark on a journey that engages them in age-appropriate learning individualized to their varied learning styles. Small classes provide the ideal environment for children to explore their potential, share ideas and investigate the world around them.
GNA offers half-day and full-day Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 classes taught by experienced, caring teachers. The curriculum is based on a multi-sensory approach to learning, using inter-disciplinary themes and offers early introduction to music, art, movement, Spanish and technology. Making a transition from home to school is a new and exciting opportunity for young children. The Pre-K3 class at GNA is for children who are three on or before September 1st, and focuses on hands-on learning that allow them to, approach activities with imagination, and learn about friendships. Grey Nun’s Pre-K4, for students who are four on or before September 1st, builds on the activities the younger students enjoy as they also begin to develop the skills that allow them to be successful in Kindergarten, and beyond. The Pre-K4 curriculum includes Reading Readiness, Math Readiness, Oral Language Development, Motor Coordination Development, Social and Emotional Development, and Physical Development.
As a community committed to providing strong academics, a nurturing environment and unsurpassed education, Grey Nun Academy prides itself on providing a warm, friendly, fun and interesting full-day Kindergarten for students who are 5 on or before September 1st. Grey Nun strives to meet the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of the students in an encouraging atmosphere. The students are encouraged to wonder, to seek answers, to question and be curious while exploring their environment. This is integral to igniting their passion for learning, and is evident throughout the Kindergarten curriculum. Children are immersed in a language-rich environment, where they actively participate in a wide variety of multi-sensory language and literacy situations, and experience natural learning opportunities that develop early reading and writing skills. The children begin their journey to become lifelong readers and learners as they develop an understanding of both spoken and written language. Hands-on activities in math allow students to develop thinking, reasoning and problem-solving strategies as they learn how to use math in real life.
Understanding that every child has unique gifts, possessing special abilities, interests, talents and approaches to learning, Grey Nun offers each student the tools they need to succeed.
For more information, visit www.GNAEDU.org, call for private tour or visit the school at 1750 Quarry Road in Yardley for an upcoming Open House: October 19th 12-2 PM, October 22nd 9-11 AM or November 5th 9-11 AM.
Facebook: www.Facebook.com/Grey Nun Academy
Disney Week At The Pop Shop
COLLINGSWOOD NJ – Do you want to build a snowman? Meet a princess? Win a trip to Disney World? Then come to The Pop Shop’s Fall Disney Week sponsored by Gloucester Travel. The Pop Shop’s Spring Disney Week was such an overwhelming success we are bringing it back Monday, September 29 through Friday, October 3, 2014.
Bring the whole family to experience a week of magic, music, and merriment of Disney with a different theme each day! Events include Princess and Pirate visits, magical kids menu, Disney Family Trivia Night, pin trading party, “Behind the Scenes” with Disney Travel, plus story times, coloring sheets, and Disney movies on the TV. Our Pop Shop “Cast Members” will be wearing Disney pins for trading, too! See complete Event Listing below.
The Pop Shop has created a magical kid’s menu of Disney-inspired fare including Mickey Mouse Grilled Cheese, Hotdog Pirate Ships, Toy Story Planet Pizza, Rapunzel’s Pretzel Braids, official Disney Mickey Rice Krispy treats and more! The special Disney menu will be available every day beginning at 11am for lunch and dinner. Tuesday start the little ones early with a new Disney Junior breakfast. And we cap the week off with TWO solid days of Frozen-inspired fun!
Guests will also have the chance to win a trip to Disney World! Gloucester Travel will be raffling off a THREE NIGHT STAY at any Disney Resort! Raffle tickets are $5 each or three for $10. All proceeds from the raffle ticket sales will benefit the Pop Shop Party Fund for underprivileged kids. The winner will be announced Monday, October 6th. You do not have to be present to win. Contact Chris Schwam from Gloucester Travel at 856-559-0224 for further information.
MONDAY 9/29: Mickey & Minnie Monday
- Mid-day Magic: Guests are encouraged to wear their “ears” and classic Mickey & Friends gear. A princess will make an appearance from 11:30am to 1:30pm. A special guest will read a classic Disney book at 11:30 am. Mickey cartoons will be on the TV. Mickey and Minnie coloring sheets will be available.
- Disney Dinner: Guests are encouraged to wear their “ears” and classic Mickey & Friends gear. A princess will make an appearance from 5 to 7:30pm. A special guest will read a classic Disney book at 5:30 Mickey cartoons will be on the TV. Mickey and Minnie coloring sheets will be available.
- Disney Trivia: Our team trivia quiz game will feature Disney trivia for all ages. 7:00 to 8:30pm. Held in our Party Room. A Princess will be visiting!
TUESDAY 9/30: Pirates & Princesses Day
- Disney Junior Breakfast: 9:00-11am.Meet a pirate and princess! Disney Junior shows will be on the TV. Disney Junior coloring sheet. Guests are encouraged to dress in their best pirate and princess finery.
- Mid-day Magic: Guests are encouraged to dress in their best pirate and princess finery. A princess will make an appearance from 11:30am to 1:30pm. Pirate and Princess Disney movies will be on the TV. Pirate and princess coloring sheets will be available. A special guest will read a classic Disney book at 11:30 am.
- Pin Trading Pre-Dinner Party: 6-9pm in our Party Room. Bring your stash and come prepared to pin trade with our “Cast Members” and other pin trading fans! Full menu is available.
- Disney Dinner: Guests are encouraged to dress in their best pirate and princess finery. A princess and a pirate will make an appearance from 5:00-7:30pm. Jack the Balloon man will be here making balloon wands and swords. Pirate and Princess Disney movies will be on the TV. Pirate and princess coloring sheets will be available.
WEDNESDAY 10/1: Heroes and Villains
· Behind the Scenes Look at Disney Vacations Breakfast: 8:30-9:30am in the Party Room. Adults can learn the secrets to creating a once in a lifetime Disney vacation with this informative seminar by Gloucester Travel. Free Continental breakfast. Each attendee will receive a complimentary raffle ticket for our Disney Trip! Free Continental breakfast available.
· Mid-day Magic: Guests are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite hero or villain from Disney movies or theme parks. A princess will make an appearance from 11:30am-1:30pm. Disney “good guy vs. bad guy movies” on the big TV. Hero/villain coloring sheets will be available.
· Disney Dinner: Guests are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite hero or villain from Disney movies or theme parks. A princess will make an appearance from 5:00-7:30pm. Disney “good guy vs. bad guy movies” on the big TV. Hero/villain coloring sheets will be available.
· Behind the Scenes Look at Disney Vacations Ice Cream Social: 8:00-9:00pm. Adults can learn the secrets to creating a once in a lifetime Disney vacation with this informative seminar by Gloucester Travel. Free ice cream social for each attendee plus receive a complimentary raffle ticket for our Disney Trip!
THURSDAY 10/2: Frozen Thursday
· Olaf’s Frozen Breakfast: Guests are encouraged to wear their Frozen finery and or favorite Disney gear. Special Disney-inspired breakfast menu. A princess will make an appearance from 9am to 10:30am. Frozen will be on the TV. Frozen coloring sheets. Frozen sing-a-long at 9:30am and 10:30am.
· Mid-day Magic: Guests are encouraged to wear their Frozen finery and or favorite Disney gear. A princess will make an appearance from 11:30am-1:30pm. Frozen will be on the TV. Frozen coloring sheets. Frozen sing-a-long at 12:30pm
· Disney Dinner: Guests are encouraged to wear their Frozen finery and or favorite Disney gear. A princess will make an appearance from 5:00-7:30pm. Frozen will be on the TV. Frozen coloring sheets. Frozen sing-a-long at 5:30pm and 7:00pm.
FRIDAY10/3: Frozen Friday
· Olaf’s Frozen Breakfast: Guests are encouraged to wear their Frozen finery and or favorite Disney gear. Special Disney-inspired breakfast menu. A princess will make an appearance from 9am to 10:30am. Frozen will be on the TV. Frozen coloring sheets will be available. Frozen sing-a-long at 9:30am and 10:30am.
· Mid-day Magic: Guests are encouraged to wear their Frozen finery and or favorite Disney gear. A princess will make an appearance from 11:30am-1:30pm. Frozen will be on the TV. Frozen coloring sheets will be available. Frozen sing-a-long at 12:30pm
· Disney Dinner: Guests are encouraged to wear their Frozen finery and or favorite Disney gear. A princess will make an appearance from 5:00-7:30pm. Frozen will be on the TV. Frozen coloring sheets will be available.Frozen sing-a-long at 5:30pm and 7:00pm.
Schedule subject to change
The Pop Shop specializes in American comfort cuisine including 30 kinds of grilled cheese, a dozen varieties of 100%-from-scratch pancakes, build-your-own burgers, creative blue plate entrees, salads and sandwiches, hand cut fries, and soda fountain favorites featuring creative sundaes, splits and milkshakes. Breakfast is served all day. Located at 729 Haddon Avenue in Collingswood, NJ, The Pop Shop calls to mind the main street soda fountain era with its retro décor, real 1950’s soda counter, bubble gum colors, original tin ceiling, and vintage juke box. 856-869-0111. www.thepopshopusa.com
Disney Menu follows below
Menu subject to change
Disney Magic Menu
Meal includes choice of entrée, one side, drink, and dessert. Menu subject to change.
$10.99 for children 14 and under.
Disney Drinks: Frozen Fizz Punch or “Drink Me” Lemonade or Monster’s University Milk
Mouseketeer’s Main Course
Mickey Mouse Grilled Cheese
Hotdog Pirate Ship
Alice’s Tea Party PB&J
Toy Story Planet Pizza
Tigger’s Tenders with Honeypot–Mustard
Mickey Mouse Cheese Nibbles
Strawberry Mickey Bowties
Rapunzel’s Pretzel Braid
Olaf Noses and Snow Dip
Pop Century Fries
Anna and Elsa OR Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats
THE STORY OF FROZEN:
MAKING A DISNEY ANIMATED CLASSIC
Hosted by Josh Gad, the Voice of Olaf
All-New Exclusive ABC Special Features Interviews with Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff, Josh Gad as well as John Lasseter and the Frozen Filmmaking Team
Mama is personally excited to watch how animated movies are brought to life, even for us adults
AN UNPRECEDENTED BEHIND-THE-SCENES LOOK AT THE MAKING OF A MODERN MOVIE BASED ON A TIMELESS TALE, “THE STORY OF FROZEN: MAKING A DISNEY ANIMATED CLASSIC” PREMIERES TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 8:00-9:00 PM ET, WITH A LOOK TOWARD THE NEXT CHAPTER FOR ANNA, ELSA AND FRIENDS
FEATURING AN EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK OF “BIG HERO 6,” WALT DISNEY ANIMATION STUDIOS’ NEXT COMEDY ACTION ADVENTURE & MORE
“The Story of Frozen: Making a Disney Animated Classic” is an all-new, original special in a first-of-its-kind collaboration with Lincoln Square Productions and Walt Disney Animation Studios. The special ventures behind-the-scenes for an exclusive look at the origins and evolution of the Academy Award®-winning film “Frozen,” now the biggest animated feature of all time. A breathtaking and fantastic saga, the special tells the real story of making a modern movie based on a timeless tale that nearly overnight became a cultural touchstone for legions of fans.
“The Story of Frozen: Making a Disney Animated Classic” airs TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.
Viewers will get a rare look inside Walt Disney Animation Studios and unprecedented access to the creative team that brought “Frozen” to life. Throughout the one-hour special, the audience will hear from “Frozen” stars Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel, the directors, songwriters, producer, artists and chief creative officer John Lasseter—the team who dreamed of making a cherished Hans Christian Andersen story into a big-screen animated musical. Viewers will take a journey to the beautiful Norwegian villages and landscapes that inspired the look of the fictional kingdom of Arendelle and see images and footage from the research trips to Norway, Quebec and points beyond that helped create the film’s unforgettable look and feel.
This special will also include some exciting announcements about the next chapter of “Frozen” and a never-before-seen preview of “Frozen” characters Anna, Elsa and Kristoff on an upcoming episode of ABC’s smash-hit “Once Upon a Time.”
The program will culminate in an exclusive sneak peek at the action-packed comedy-adventure “Big Hero 6,” currently in production at Walt Disney Animation Studios –under wraps until now – as the team prepares their next big-screen epic.
“The Story of Frozen: Making a Disney Animated Classic” is hosted by star Josh Gad (voice of Olaf) and features interviews with “Frozen” stars Kristen Bell (voice of Anna) and Idina Menzel (voice of Elsa) as well as Walt Disney Animation Studios’ chief creative officer and “Frozen” executive producer John Lasseter, Academy Award®-winning filmmakers, including directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, producer Peter Del Vecho, and songwriters Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez. This one-hour special will also feature exclusive insights and commentary from art director Mike Giaimo and talented artists from the art direction, animation and effects teams. The exclusive sneak peek of “Big Hero 6” is presented by the film’s directors, Don Hall and Chris Williams.
“The Story of Frozen: Making a Disney Animated Classic” is produced by Lincoln Square Productions. Jeanmarie Condon is senior executive producer and Rudy Bednar is director of “The Story of Frozen: Making a Disney Animated Classic.”
Click here for an interactive experience:
Walt Disney Animation Studios, the studio behind “Tangled” and “Wreck-It Ralph,” presents “Frozen,” a stunning big-screen comedy adventure. Fearless optimist Anna (voice of Kristen Bell) sets off on an epic journey—teaming up with rugged mountain man Kristoff (voice of Jonathan Groff) and his loyal reindeer Sven—to find her sister Elsa (voice of Idina Menzel), whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. Encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf (voice of Josh Gad), Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom. The film is directed by Chris Buck (“Tarzan,” “Surf’s Up”) and Jennifer Lee (screenwriter, “Wreck-It Ralph”), who also wrote the screenplay. It is produced by Peter Del Vecho (“Winnie the Pooh,” “The Princess and the Frog”). Featuring original songs from Kristen Anderson-Lopez (“In Transit,” “Winnie the Pooh”) and Tony® winner Robert Lopez (“The Book of Mormon,” “Avenue Q”), and an original score by Christophe Beck (“The Muppets,” Oscar®-winning short “Paperman”), “Frozen” won two Academy Awards® (best animated film and best original song with “Let It Go”) and a Golden Globe® (best animated feature film). It is the fifth highest grossing film of all time and the highest grossing animated film earning more than $1.27 billion globally. Released wide domestically on Nov. 27, 2013, “Frozen” posted the No. 1 industry all-time Thanksgiving debut and Walt Disney Animation Studios’ biggest opening ever. The film’s Feb. 25 digital debut was the biggest digital release (sell-through) ever; it’s Blu-ray/DVD release on March 18 was No. 1 on the Nielsen overall disc charts for eight nonconsecutive weeks. The “Frozen” soundtrack is the top-selling album of 2014 and spent 31 consecutive weeks in the top 5 on the Billboard 200 chart, including 13 nonconsecutive weeks at No. 1. It is certified triple Platinum, selling more than 3.2 million units. The “Let It Go” film clip from “Frozen” has been viewed nearly 300 million times on YouTube.
Walt Disney Animation Studios
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, stretching from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937’s “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” to 2013’s Academy Award®-winning “Frozen,” the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio’s timeless creations are “Cinderella,” “Sleeping Beauty,” “The Jungle Book,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “The Lion King,” “Tangled” and “Wreck-It Ralph.”
Lincoln Square Productions:
Lincoln Square Productions produces original content for broadcast, cable and digital distribution specializing in entertaining ways to tell fact based stories. Clients include ABC Television Group, Scripps Networks, Viacom, Discovery Communications, National Geographic Networks, and more. Lincoln Square Productions is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. The headquarters are located in New York City.
Follow us on: Facebook – www.facebook.com/DisneyAnimation, https://www.facebook.com/abcnews
Twitter — @DisneyAnimation, @ABC
Back to School at Montgomery Mall with Teen Vogue
August 24th, 12 p.m. - 4 p.m
SIMON INVITES STUDENTS AND FAMILIES TO PREPARE FOR THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR WITH “ABC’S OF STYLE” EVENTS AT MONTGOMERY MALL
Simon and Teen Vogue with Special Offerings throughout August and the main event Sunday, August 24th, 12pm-4pm at Montgomery Mall in Pennsylvania.
With the new school year fast approaching, Simon®, a global leader in retail real estate, and Teen Vogue, the number one source of fashion, beauty and pop-culture news for trendsetting teens, are hosting a series of back-to-school events across the county to prep young shoppers before they head back to class. The main event, known as the “ABC’s of Style,” will take place nationwide at more than 80 shopping centers, helping families enjoy the all-too-common task of shopping for seasonal must-haves. Montgomery Mall will be joining the back-to-school fun with its “ABC’s of Style℠” event on Sunday, August 24 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., offering a number of fun-filled activities including a LIVE performance by indie pop band AJR.
“This is an exciting time of year and as Montgomery Mall is the center of fashion in Montgomery County, teaming up with Teen Vogue elevates our back-to-school shopping season into a true fashion and entertainment experience that helps parents and students alike get set for the upcoming school year,” said Ashley Pompei, Director of Marketing and Business Development at Montgomery Mall.
Montgomery Mall’s ABC’s of Style events will include will include a variety of elements to give students the social shopping experience they seek. Created to keep young shoppers’ preferences top-of-mind, featured events will include:
- Exclusive Style Guide: Get early access to an exclusive style guide from Simon and Teen Vogue, featuring fashion looks curated by style experts. Following the event, shoppers can also pick up a guide at Montgomery Mall’s Guest Services or access it online at www.simon.com/mall/montgomery-mall.
- Fashion Show: View the hottest trends of the season on the runway and receive first-hand fashion advice from Teen Vogue Beauty Style Expert, Lauren Cosenza and Clothes Encounters fashion blogger Jenn Im.
- Special Musical Performance: Enjoy a “meet and greet” and live musical performance by indie pop trio AJR, who got their musical start as kids busking in Central Park and Washington Square, singing Jackson 5 covers, and, later, their own material.
- Mall-Wide Discount Offers & Samples: Play free interactive games, watch a sneak peek of Fox’s new fall series RED BAND SOCIETY, get up-close and personal product demonstrations and walk away with free giveaways from St. Ives, Simple, Q-tips and Coca-Cola. Attendees can also pick up a SWAG bag at the registration table filled with other goodies and offers (while supplies last).
“We are thrilled to once again be collaborating with Simon during the all-important back-to-school shopping season,” said Teen Vogue Vice President and Publisher, Jason Wagenheim. “Through this alliance, we’re able to bring relevant and authentic fashion content to Simon.com and into consumers’ everyday mall experience—starting with Teen Vogue‘s Back-To-School Saturdays, but with much more to come. Simon’s ‘ABC’s of Style’ events are really the perfect complement to our BTSS initiative and we’re looking forward to bringing the excitement to many Simon shopping centers nationwide throughout the month of August.”
In addition to offering on-mall events, Simon will launch several digital-focused back-to-school elements that give students and their families the tools to
gear up for school and stay connected to Montgomery Mall. Join the digital fun and participate through:
- #FoundAtSimon: Share your back to school look via Twitter or Instagram before December 31, 2014 using #foundatsimon and #contest and one lucky winner per month will receive a $500 Simon shopping spree! For official rules and prize descriptions, visit simon.com/foundatsimonrules.
- ABC’s of Style Instant Win: Play the fun mobile game on your phone and enter to win prizes from your favorite brands and stores instantly before September 15, 2014. Text PLAY to 74666 for a link to start or go to simon.com/instantwin from your phone. For official rules and prize descriptions, visit simon.com/instantwinrules.
Simon’s ABC’s of Style events, presented by Unilever brands St. Ives, Simple and Q-tips in association with Coca-Cola and Fox’s new fall series RED BAND SOCIETY, also launch the shopping centers’ collaboration with Teen Vogue for its “Back-To-School Saturdays” initiative, chock full of offerings throughout the month of August.
Back to School at Montgomery Mall
For more information about Simon malls ABC’s of Style events, visit www.simon.com.
About Montgomery Mall
Montgomery Mall is a super-regional Simon shopping center located at the intersection of Routes 309 and 202 in North Wales, PA that serves the nearby communities of North Wales, Lansdale, Hatfield, Horsham and Montgomeryville. Montgomery Mall’s 116 stores address everyday fashion, family and home needs with department store anchors JCPenney, Macy’s and Sears, specialty stores for jewelry to women’s apparel to sports including Dicks Sporting Goods, and daily grocery shopping at Wegmans. For additional information, visit shopmontgomerymall.com or follow us on Twitter @MontgomeryMall or on Facebook at facebook.com/MontgomeryMallPA.
About Simon Simon is a global leader in retail real estate ownership, management and development and a S&P100 company (Simon Property Group, NYSE:SPG). Our industry-leading retail properties and investments across North America, Europe and Asia provide shopping experiences for millions of consumers every day and generate billions in annual retail sales. For more information, visit simon.com.
National Friendship Day!
Sunday August 3rd is National Friendship Day and Strawberry Shortcake wants to help kids celebrate! Share a picture of your favorite girl with her BFF on the Strawberry Shortcake Facebook page– [StrawberryShortcake](facebook.com/StrawberryShortcake) OR @[berrybestbits](http://twitter.com/berrybestbits) on Instagram or Twitter, and Hashtag with #BerryBestFriend. Five sets of BFFs will be chosen at random and will win a new Strawberry Shortcake doll coming out this Fall!
Click any link to use the code.
Enjoy $15 off orders of $49+. New customers only, excluding: calendars, photo books, Erin Condren weekly planners and gift certificates. Use promo code SAVE15TP to save. Promo ends at 11:59pm PT on 7/29/14.
St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children Raises Awareness of Breastfeeding
PHILADELPHIA, July 28, 2014 — To celebrate National Breastfeeding Awareness Month in August, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children will host a breastfeeding awareness week August 4-8, 2014 at the hospital, located at 160 East Erie Avenue in Philadelphia, PA.
The event will help raise awareness for the importance of breastfeeding and provide helpful information to hospital employees and the community. Throughout the week, tables with informative materials on breastfeeding, staffed by St. Christopher’s employees, will be set up in three locations: the Lower Atrium at the main hospital, in Ambulatory Pediatrics on the first floor of the main hospital, and in the lobby of the Nelson Pavilion, located across the parking lot from the hospital.
St. Christopher’s currently has a hospital-based Breastfeeding Committee comprised of nurses, and Certified Breastfeeding Counselors (CBC). A CBC is a person who receives training and competency verification in breastfeeding, knowledge of milk production, prevention and management of breastfeeding complications, feeding difficulties and handling and storage of breast milk. The group assists mothers who are learning to breastfeed, as well as provides support and education to breastfeeding or pumping mothers and staff.
“Currently, our group sees about 170 newborns per month,” says Deborah Sandrock, MD, International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), physician at St. Christopher’s. We assist moms in obtaining personal items to help with breastfeeding and work closely with home care visiting nurses who are involved with our patients. We also have a MILK warmline that provides breastfeeding support to moms if they have questions or concerns between appointments.”
The purpose of the Breastfeeding Committee at St. Christopher’s is to increase the rates of breastfeeding at St. Christopher’s and to raise awareness of the benefits of breastfeeding and breastmilk. Lactation Consultant services are a part of outpatient newborn visits for breastfeeding families, as well.
“Breastfeeding may help to lower the risk of SIDS in babies, as well as reduce the risk of Type 2 Diabetes, childhood leukemia, ear infections, obesity and asthma,” says Dr. Sandrock. “Breast milk is also easier to digest than formula and is rich in nutrients and antibodies.”
Dr. Sandrock adds that breastfeeding may also lower the risk of Type 2 Diabetes, breast cancer, ovarian cancer and postpartum depression in women.
St. Christopher’s Hospital
Since 1875, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children has been providing exceptional patient care and advancing new pediatric treatments through research and innovation. Through affiliations with Drexel University College of Medicine and Temple University School of Medicine, St. Christopher’s is a teaching hospital helping to train the next generation of professionals in pediatric medicine.
A 189-bed hospital, St. Christopher’s is committed to delivering high quality family-and patient-centered care to children throughout the greater Delaware Valley. Its highly acclaimed programs include a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, Level IV NICU, a Heart Center and Oncology unit. Hospital services also include the only dedicated pediatric burn center in the area. Thanks to our nursing excellence, St. Christopher’s achieved Magnet status in 2009. Numerous St. Christopher’s physicians are frequently recognized in regional publications as “Top Docs” in their fields of expertise. In 2012, St. Christopher’s announced a $110 million expansion to include two new structures. The Critical Care Tower, which features advanced technology while incorporating families’ needs, will house 50 critical care and 60 Level IIIC NICU beds. The Center for the Urban Child will provide children with comprehensive services to help break the cycles of food insecurity, violence and childhood illness.
To learn more about St. Christopher’s, visit www.stchristophershospital.com or call 215-427-5000. Find us on social media at facebook.com/stchrishospital, stchrishospital.blogspot.com, youtube.com/stchrisvideos, pinterest.com/stchrishospital, and on instagram at @stchrismarketing and twitter at @stchristhospital.